Friday, June 10, 2011

Reorganizing {My favorite Summer-time project}

With my few days set aside for re-organizing...I've been doing the following...
  • Changing Blakely's nursery from perfect-for-a-new-mom into perfect-for-a-new-walker (where everything fun and plush in within arm's reach).
  • Going through my under-bed boxes--yikes those are crammed--I apparently kept every handbag since 1998. How do you part with the perfect-purse-for-the-season when each one brings back a distinct memory?
  • Finding new homes for my scarves and mittens (the attic seems appropriate here). Again, if I didn't find sentimental value in each scarf, I'd part with 'em. I've got lots of newborn and maternity clothes boxed up for the attic (more appropriately, the tiny-newly-discovered crawl space) too--finally!
  • Rediscovering my dogs' clothes! Wow...I forgot how trendy my dogs used to be! Peacoat, Irie, here we come!
  • Jamming--I just found a CD entitled (in Yas's writing) Katie's Music for Bachelorette Limo. Hey! Not only is it on-point for a limo full of girls, but it's just right for deep cleaning!
  • Filing till my death! Man, is it just me or does anyone else feel compelled to re-do their files every few years? And, yes, I totally left the 80's Time Life infomercial on by choice!
  • Stripping my cloth diapers!!! If you use cloth, you probably know what I mean...after a solid year plus--my cloth diapers needed some TLC. This what I did to remedy the situation: wash diapers per usual, boil hot water in my biggest pot, boil diapers 4-5 at a time for 5-10 minutes, machine rinse in apple cider vinegar, machine wash with very little Rockin' Green soap and very little Borax, rinse one more time with nothing. It did the trick--we are back in cloth diaper business!
 What's left?
  • Well, I designate baskets for Tim--for dumping his pockets and finding homes for his trinkets ;). It's time for someone to go through those now-overflowing baskets--and I'm thinking it's not on Tim's list... :)
  • Wrapping! I carved out some space under my bed so that I can reorganize gift bags, wrapping paper, ribbon, and tissue paper. I have no complaints about living in Hawaii--but if you've seen my house (or if you live on island too), then you know that space and storage is hard to come by!
While I work-away--here's what little miss is doing. Did you also have a Fisher Price record player as a kid? I did! :) I'm glad Blakely has one too!

Are you also Spring cleaning or doing any Summer-time reorganizing? Any tips for me?! Good luck to you--whether you are working or relaxing! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS