Creamy cheese cake is my late lunch of choice today. Mostly because I can. Every once in awhile I feel the urge to rebel. Nothing big. But, something. Today, it's cheese cake for lunch!
I haven't been to my blog in soooo long. I've missed this slice of cyber-space. Aloha!
I'm grateful for the technology that invites me to keep in touch with you all, my loved ones, via this blog. But, I'm always thrilled when we get to be face-to-face rather than face-to-computer.
My dear friend Amber just journeyed back to her home in Okinawa, but what fun it was to have her and her ohana in such close space! And, right now, Tim and I are blessed to have a couple more Washingtonians with us currently (hence, the little--to none--blogging I've been doing lately... :)).
Amber... we loved our time with you!
My Hawaii Girls... I love each of you!
Last night I was blessed to listen to the dynamic speaker and Christian Success Coach, Dr. Dave Martin. He walked on stage joking about the discomfort of his skinny jeans and the description of himself being a cross between Joel Osteen and Larry the Cable Guy. Dr. Dave Martin was refreshing and hysterical from the start.
If you have the chance, check him out at davemartin.org; you'll love him.
Some of his specific lines are still reverberating within me today. I wanted to share.
He encouraged us to, "stop making a living and start making a life."
He cheered us on with. "the rest of your life is the best of your life."
He reminded us that the bible says, "this is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."
Cleverly, and intentionally, the scripture doesn't read that yesterday was the day and hopefully I rejoiced. It also doesn't say that tomorrow is the day and I will plan to rejoice. No, clearly--today is the day! The current. The present. The now.
What's done is done and we don't have any guarantees for tomorrow. We can't let Satan rob us of our joy. Today is our day! Be glad! I know I am!
And, if you want, check out this clip (below) I found of Dr. Dave Martin on YouTube. It's not from last night, but it's a brief three minutes of inspiration and humor!
Aloha! I'll be back soon. I still want to share the goofiness and intensity from Tandemonium 2011.
Cheers to gladness!



No comments:
Post a Comment