Man, it feels good to be home.
Are you like me? Do you try to deep clean your whole house, empty the dishwasher, put away the last load of laundry, and leave yourself a treat (for later) in the fridge--all on the day you leave town?
p.s. -- I blame (and truthfully, thank) my mother for this type A habit that this type B girl could never shake. ;)
I love to leave just like that. There's nothing better than knowing the freshness and peacefulness that awaits me when I step off the plane to come home.
Unfortunately, that was not my reality this time! Work and life were slammed up until the end and we left our little hale a wreck. I pushed it all out of my mind until the moment my garage door lifted. Yikes! It was the middle of the afternoon and our bodies told us it was crash time (NY is six hours later than we are here in Hawaii).
I painfully started the clean up/un pack process for maybe 10 minutes before Tim bossed me to stop and sit. Tim doesn't offer many directives, so when he does, I usually oblige... ;). Best decision ever. Blakely napped and we sat. Literally.
The next day, we jammed out our house work and slid back into our jobs/life. Now, a few days later, I've carved out quiet time to sip my Tazo Orange Spice Tea and catch up on my blogs!
Dear friends have had babies (welcome Halle Kate and Quinn Lily)
My nephew turned one (happy birthday, Sawyer)
Olivia is growing and changing (thanks for the blog updates, Luciena)
My dear Yasi just blogged my sweet girl on her photography blog today: ykvision.com
It's fun to play catch up and bask in such lovely photos!
We were in NY and Chicago for the last two weeks. We left B with her grandparents (all four of them). It was a blessed trip all the way around. I'll admit, it was killer to be away from my little one, but everyone won!
I'll share more soon. For now, here's a fun photo of me and my taller love on the ledge at Sears Tower.

No comments:
Post a Comment