I meant to post these a couple of weeks ago. On October 24th, Blakely "made" 7 months! :) Like that? Made? That's cuz she's my little Hawaii baby. Tim and I may never truly be considered "local" by everyone, but I'm pretty sure B can be. Right?
So...what's new?
- Blakes is very close to crawling. I think her size is keepin' her down! It's tough to hold up 20 + pounds at 7 months! Oh well, I'm not complaining. I realize that my pockets of time will soon be even shorter once she's totally mobile.
- Peas, egg yolk, papaya chunks, mango pieces, rice clumps, tofu crumbs have all become part of meal time. Yup. We've started "finger foods." It's kind of a joke right now, but gotta start somewhere! At least Blakely has fun raking the bits around her tray and slopping them into her lap. :)
- We've incorporated Baby Signing Time dvds into our play time. The cheesy songs are quite catchy. I think they are getting the job done!
- Blakely reaches out! Who knew such a simple action could melt my heart time and time again. Excuse the cliche description, but I've got no other words to do it justice. Whether she's chilling on the floor, hanging out in her high chair, laying on the changing table, or resting in her crib, she now stretches her tiny, chubby arms in my direction as she anticipates the scoop. Awwww...there's nothing better. <3
- She laughs. Still. Loudly. At everything.
Below these three pictures, I'm including one of my favorite poems. It sorta sums up my feelings of gratitude. I praise my God for this chance to live on earth, love people, know Jesus, and raise a child.
E. E. Cummings
i thank You God for most this amazing
day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes
(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday; this is the birth
day of life and of love and wings: and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)
how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any--lifted from the no
of all nothing--human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?
(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)
Oh my she's getting so big!! I forget how close in age Blakely and Hazel are! I'm sure if they lived closer they would be great friends :) Blakely is simply adorable!
ReplyDelete