Sunday, January 9, 2011

Thank You--to you!

There is so much I've wanted to blog about in the last month! I started this blog almost a year ago now. Just on a whim. I was inspired by some of dearest girlfriends who blog about their darling families and best not-so-kept (well, they were kept until they were blogged) secrets for an abundant life! I didn't know who would read my blog, and truthfully, I still don't know who reads my blog...

So--if you're reading--know that I'm honored to share this slice of time with you--even via cyber space! I must say, I like blogging even more than I expected. My co-worker just shared this quote about blogging with me...it's kind of funny, but not-so-inspirational. It may make you smile, but don't worry--I don't really think this (at least not about the blogs I read ;)).


Never before have so many people, with so little to say, said so much, to so few.
credit: http://www.despair.com/blogging.html
 Please...pick up on my sarcasm! I share this because I truly am humbled that you are reading my rants and dreams! I know there are many incredible blogs out there--and that's just cyber space! There are also boundless literary options for the few moments in your day in which you can quietly feast your eyes on the written word. So, I digress, and I want to say mahalo from my heart for choosing my words today!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Year's Eve came quickly this year (doesn't it every year?!)--and we weren't expecting to be in Oregon, but as life (more appropriately, God) would have it, we were! And we were blessed!

Luciena, my darling sister-in-law, initiated a fun game of guessing resolutions at our family New Year's Eve party! I'm a sucker for resolutions. I love the start of anything new: mornings, Mondays, the 1st of the month, and especially a new year! If you know me at all--you know I'm also a freak for games! So when Luciena explained the rules, I was shocked to realize that I had yet to choose my perfect resolution for 2011. I was pumped to play the guessing game so I channeled my sincerest desire and jotted down my resolution on the fly.

Work less, read more, write more

Surprisingly (or maybe not)--the room full of people easily matched me to my resolution. Maybe because I complain about working too much. Or maybe because English teacher = literature (of which I don't read much of these days). Or maybe because I'm a new blogger-addict. Anyway, this truly is my goal for 2011.

And by work less, I mean at the job I'm paid to do. I'm loving working around my home, yard, church, etc...but, I really want to write more, and not just on my blog. I'm so ashamed to say I don't read much! I need to!

Clearly, I can't just cut back on my school work--I'm paid to do it and I'll do it well. But, I am hoping my days as a full-ish-time employee are numbered! I LOVE teaching, but I love being with Blakely even more ;).

My friend Kaitlin recommended a book called, Living with Less so your Family has More. I haven't read it (yet), but it's on my mind. In fact, I can't get the title out of my head. 


credit: amazon.com


I reclaim my priorities
  • Jesus
  • Family
  • Friends
  • Community
  • World 
Just for fun...here are a few pictures of Blakely from our impromptu New Year's Eve party. I know I must have looked like a crazy mom, but I really wanted to ring in the new year with my baby love. She was ready to sleep around 11pm (well, 9pm Hawaii time), but I figured she was so close to midnight--so why not stay up! She wasn't really feeling the midnight thing...


10:30pm

10:45pm


11:00pm

midnight! Happy 2011, Blakely!

Mahalo for joining me as I blog in 2011. Feel free to get in touch with me anytime you'd like. I extend much love and many blessings to you and yours. Happy New Year! Praise Jesus! xoxo




6 comments:

  1. OMG! I'm dying! I love you! You're the best Mom!!! I think all Mom's should be more like you!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Oh my, I love that girl! Those pictures are priceless!

    Great resolutions-I'm right there with you in reclaiming those priorities! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement Lindsay and Yas--<3 you two! Also just cruised both your girls' blogs. I love doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so crazy ;) Poppy would not have been happy either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ella went down at 7:30, but Mike insisted she be up for midnight too. :) Amazingly, Ki made it until we left my in-laws at 2am!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Katie! I love your blog! And think you are a beautiful person. In my eyes you are the perfect person to make more people. I wish all the parents of the world could be a little more like you!
    -Sara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS