Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Regarding Faith: C.S. Lewis and Pastor Waxer

I have two unrelated things on my heart (that have been challenging me). And I'd like to share. Imagine that ;). Good thing reading a blog post is voluntary. hehe :)

1. My brother Ricky posted this C.S. Lewis quote on his Facebook. I love it.

·         “I do not believe one can settle how much we ought to give. I am afraid the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare.” CS Lewis

2. I heard through the grape-vine that I might enjoy some sermon messages by Pastor Waxer at One Love Ministries in Honolulu. I finally got around to downloading a message to my computer and then uploading it to my iPod.

photo credit: weheartit.com

This is actually the first time I've uploaded a podcast of any kind. I usually just jam to my hitzzzz ;) or run my mouth while I'm jogging (you know how you are if you get those winded phone calls from me mid-afternoon!). A few years ago I'd pick up sermon CDs (yes CDs) from Solid Rock Fellowship in Portland, Oregon. Then I'd jog around the West Hills (Steinfeld's neighborhood) and listen to various messages by the Comer's (with my trusty disc man and jogging belt). I loved doing that.

I forgot that I loved doing that.

I'm hooked again. I think I'll start downloading/uploading various sermons and get my Jesus on a bit more as I hit the pavement.

photo credit: weheartit.com

I invite you to check out some of the messages from One Love. They are about an hour and terrific (Waxer's a phenomenal speaker). I tried uploading a podcast here, but apparently I'm not that tech-savvy (don't tell my students ;)). Here's the link to the audio/visual page on their website: media.

photo credit: weheartit.com
I thank God for His mercies...which are new every morning. For every person.


3 comments:

  1. Oh Katie, how I wish you were close to jog around our neighborhood and let God speak to you through your IPod. Isn't interesting how we learn so much when we keep our mouth shut....still working on it at 57 years old!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say isn't it interesting!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS