Thursday, March 31, 2011

The First (*Sugar Rush*)

In the first year, there are A LOT of firsts... and I'm the kind of person (mom) who gets carried away with each and every one. I think I've shared before that I have an affinity for anything new. I love mornings. I love Mondays. I love the first of each month. And, I especially love New Year's Day. It's all so fresh!

I wish we all could have hung out in high school (well, to some of you reading this...we did!!!). But, seriously, I was trip. I definitely remember using the term (often), OOC (hear *double oh see*). It stands for out of control. While I'm sure I didn't actually coin the term, I'm pretty sure I pulled it straight from my 17-year-old mind. Truly, though, I was a bit OOC.

The last week of high school was traumatic for me and Yasi. And we tried to pull everyone else into our whirlpool as well. Everything was the last. The last Monday of high school. The last Tuesday of high school. The last math class (yeah!). The last time I'd open my locker. The last time we'd ask Vanilla Ice for a break. The last time I'd buy a bento in the Commons. The last roll I'd dip in Ranch (gross!). Anyway, you get the picture. I'm a sucker for the first and the last. It means something to me! Always.

So, here is a brand new first that I want to share with you all! By the way, I've been out of town (back home in Oregon) celebrating several big occasions. One of which was Blakely's first birthday! We are back on Oahu now and slowly getting back to island time. :) We've also...very quickly...gotten back to our jobs. Anyway, I digress. So, I'm not a *freak* about keeping B away from sugar, but I really, very rarely, let her have sugar! ha! Of course, the first slice of birthday cake is like a rite of passage. Thus, ensues, the first....sugar rush!!! Here it is...







Isn't she lovely? Happy birthday, my baby girl. Okay...two final thoughts! I know, right?!

1. She wasn't shirtless her entire party ;).
2. Yasmin Khajavi Photography took these darling shots. Check her out (and her extremely noteworthy photography) here.

Have a lovely Thursday, Ohana! xoxo


4 comments:

  1. Also, "supgran" was just my word verification. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last week Lucy said "woah mom...that is UNDER CONTROL!" She SOOO meant out of control...PS Zac has definitely taught her OOC as an homage to you and Yasmin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caitlin--thank you! Good to hear from you!! :)

    Emily--that kills me. Lu and I SO need to hang out more soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS