Thursday, January 5, 2012

Must Try: BBQ-ed Brie and Qwirkle


We were lucky to have Tim's parents here for 10 days! But, what I'm about to share with you I'm both proud of and ashamed of. ;) hehe..

In those ten days, we ate three rounds of brie cheese (you know, the Costco size). We shared some with others, but I'm pretty sure I ate double my fair share each time!

While I'm a sucker for good cheese cold or warm, I'd never had my cheese BBQ-ed until recently. Now, I can't get enough. Here...let me share!

 Take the whole round--rind and all--and pop it in some foil on the grill.
 Once the top starts to puff up--maybe 10-15 minutes or so--remove from heat and cut open.

 Enjoy immediately! Anything works for dipping in, but my favorite is a baguette or garlic bread!

Cheers!

And one more discovery to share...

My lovely in-laws gave Tim and I a new game for Christmas! Oh, how I love to play games.

Qwirkle.

Have you heard of it? Played it? It's like dominoes (although, truth be told..I've never played dominoes beyond stacking them up and pushing one down). This game uses colors and shapes rather than numbers.

 Tim was our score keeper!

 Here's the game...played out.

I only document the score sheet when I actually win the game! I can't brag too much, it's possibly just beginner's luck. ;)

If you get the chance, try it out!

Aloha! Happy almost weekend to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS