I don't know what it is about Spring and Summer, but there's never a shortage of special days to celebrate!
Last weekend Blakely was on cloud nine to spend the morning with good friends, cotton candy, and lots of Elmo decor for Audrey's second birthday!
Her face was a sticky blue mess for most of the party. I never got around to tackling her with a wet wipe. I just let it go. Towards the end, I noticed she had a clean smile again. Some other mother must have felt badly for my ragamuffin and cleaned her off. I'm grateful (and slightly embarrassed). :)
I'm not at the school (Spring Break) this week and loving the extra time! I'm making plans for B's 2nd birthday! I can't wait to see her face when it's all things Strawberry Shortcake!
I'm going to attempt to thread the needle of one of my two sewing machines and actually sew a few straight lines into my vintage Strawberry Shortcake fabric. Again, embarrassing that I can't tell you I know how to sew a straight line by myself! Is it bad that I still rely on my mom's guidance for some of these domestic tasks?!
Never mind that my sister sewed her own gorgeous prom dress at 17 and my mother-in-law is a sewing/quilting extraordinaire. Here's to trying things on my own (I'll make you proud, ladies)!
Have a lovely evening! I'm off to a hair appointment; I'm always scolded for waiting so long! I'm lucky if I get my hair cut twice a year right now!
I love little sticky B! Haha, sewing! Oooh, the memories of our pink sparkly princess skirts that "we" were going to sew! Your Mom is the best!!! :)
ReplyDeleteAudra's birthday this year was Strawberry Shortcake! Have fun planning! :)
ReplyDelete