Two years ago...
Me, very pregnant, white rocking chair, daydreaming about holding Blakely in my arms.
I loved what Tim and I had created for Blakely's nursery. Our first nursery. We used acrylics on canvas to create colorful, whimsical local inspired images.
This weekend...
Me, semi pregnant, Blakely by my side, painting with my hubby.
Now we are working on baby sister's nursery. Instead of bold, bright, and silly, we are going for a more calm, breezy, light, yet still Hawaiian feel. Timmy's perfect idea was charcoal and watercolor.
Even Blakes went to work to prepare a special space for baby girl.
Take a look!
I'm not so artistically inclined, but there's something so sweet about creating treasures for our little one before she even gets here.
As it turns out, our design for B matches her perfectly. She's bold, vibrant, passionate (also read: stubborn), goofy, and lovely--just like her paintings!
I'm anxious to see if baby-girl-two will be soft, maybe quieter?, calm, and introspective--similar to her paintings. Hmmm... probably not, she is my child after all. ;)
Up next to paint: ukulele, plumeria lei, another hula dancer. Can't wait to get these up on her walls!
Do you have a fun craft project on your list? What inspires you to create? xoxo



No comments:
Post a Comment