She turned TWO!!!
My St. Patrick's baby (conveniently with red hair, blue eyes, and beautifully pale skin) -- turned two last weekend.
She was due on St. Patrick's Day, but was in no hurry to leave her space. She joined us (thanks to to being induced) about a week later on March 24th, 2010.
Oh how I love her. I didn't even know I could love a little one this deeply. Thank you Jesus for letting me feel a small depth of what you feel for your children!
Last weekend we spent the morning doting on our Blake Potato.
I snagged this kitchen at Bed Bath & Beyond in January. It was already pretty well priced, but was way marked down!
All my life, my parents brought me birthday breakfast in bed on a red You Are Special Today plate. It was a highlight and a tradition I can't leave by the wayside. Just ask Tim... hehe (now I get breakfast in bed on my birthday and Mother's Day! Score.)
We are still working on holding up two fingers for two. Who knew that coordination could be so tricky for little fingers.
After a family breakfast of egg dish, cinnamon rolls, cantaloupe, and juice, we headed to the living room for her birthday surprise! Funny how they always know just what to do. Smart--those two-year-olds.
I asked Blakely to make me some lunch.
She said it's coming, mommy... all morning.
Needless to say, she never brought me anything!
Before her nap, yes, even birthday girls have to sleep, we showed her the second year video we made.
It was a precious morning. Just mommy, daddy, and Blakely.
Next year at this time, her little sister will be cruising around! I can't wait!
Alright, I have a Strawberry Shortcake birthday party to throw. Blakely has these adorable little friends and I'm on party-planner mode this weekend!
Have a lovely weekend!



No comments:
Post a Comment