Monday, April 9, 2012

A Reason to Celebrate


Easter Sunday may just be my favorite day of the year!

I'm a holiday girl. I'll celebrate anything 110%.

As a kid, I remember this one particular Memorial Day. I woke up and raced into my parents' room. I excitedly shook my mom from her sleep and exclaimed Happy Memorial Day! I anxiously waited for my parents to rise and shower me with holiday surprises. Little did I know that not every holiday in the book meant that a giant celebration ensued.

Anyway, I digress.

Of course I'm giddy about Christmas season, but as much I love remembering the birth of Christ, there is just something so culminating and powerful about celebrating the rest of the story.

It would be a beautiful story to remember the birth of a great man, but what makes Christmas truly meaningful for me is actually what happened to that great man three decades later. The power is in the cross.

Thank you Jesus for dying for our sins--for all of us--and for rising again to wait for us in Heaven. I love you!

And let me tell you, a sweet way to celebrate such a gift is to gather with island family on a beach and enjoy God's beauty and presence.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS