On November 24th, the Saturday after Thanksgiving, three quick years ago, my beloved and I got married! What a blessed decision we made (thank you, Jesus!).
Since that chilly November day in Yelm, Washington, The Case Ohana has moved twice, changed jobs, bought a house, chosen two part-poodles, jumped into a new culture, made a crew of new friends, loved on old friends, missed family like crazy, and recently welcomed in a baby girl.
While the goal is to always recognize the joy God gives us, I won't tell you that every day has been an "easy" day. But, as you can imagine, some of our hardest, scariest times have been the times when God's hand became the most clear. In fact, I find it easier to choose joy in the midst of a dark time. Weird, right? But, more on that in another post.
It's been amazing to have a partner to do life with these past three years. I wouldn't change a thing!
Here are some fun facts (and pictures) from that day...
![]() |
| We were FREEZING!!! And the rain barely let up for a few minutes...just in time for this shot! |
![]() |
| It was dark during the whole ceremony--and practically a musical. I even walked down the aisle to country song, Lost in this Moment. Tim and I walked out to Jack Johnson's, Better Together. |
![]() |
| My "oldest" younger brother (to my left) got married just three weeks after me! It couldn't have been more perfect! |
![]() |
| We just had a small little bridal party... ;) |
![]() |
| Tim had to think up with quite a few "comebacks" for all the lack-of-direction jokes he willingly endured! ha! |
| We had a generational dance for the bouquet. Guess which couple won?! My most adorable grandparents! I love them so much! |
![]() |
| Fact: Tim and I married each other and married into the most A-Mazing families! We are blessed on so many levels. |
I'll go ahead and stop uploading photos now! Ha! Too easy to get carried away. But, I do want to say, that as I reflect on our wedding and our three years together--marriage has only gotten sweeter with time!
Also, we owe much to our friends and family for the unconditional love and support. As I look back on our wedding, I remember all those who made sacrifices to be with us and show support. Thank you to my dearest Chellie Bean who flew out from Boston and stayed until the last minute with me at my wedding. Chellie--it was an amazing honor to recently stand with you at your wedding. I love you dearly! And to Meghan--Happy Birthday Megs! Thank you for coming so far and staying so long at my wedding! xoxo
Have a blessed Monday, Everyone!!
Tim, I love you!








That day was so special :) AND I was up for 24 hours!! woohoo! ;) AND I still tease Erin about that night ;) Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteThis is a great post, Katie. Happy anniversary!
ReplyDeleteHahaha ohhh she does too...this was a beautiful day...and clearly SOME of us had a fantastic time as well!! ;-)
ReplyDelete