Monday, May 30, 2011

Being Rooted & More

Guess what? I finished the school year at the high school on Friday! Yay! As much as I adore my job, summer break always comes at just the right time! I'll keep teaching online through the summer, but am greatly looking forward to catching up on my home projects and playing with Blakely tons more!

 credit: google.com--quiltingbooklady.blogspot.com
Alice Cooper is still playing in my head as I enjoy this Memorial Day so peacefully (knowing I don't have to do any lesson planning tonight!).

How's your weekend been so far?

Blakely took her first (really) hard fall on Friday in Old Navy (yikes--cement floors). I'm still reeling from it. It's been over 48 hours since her tumble and she seems to be fine! Praise God for keeping angels around her precious head! This snapshot is from the park today--she is her same joyful self. :)
Saturday, Tim, B, and I drove up to Camp Waianae. It's gorgeous! Really, I think Waianae may be one of the most astounding places in this world. 
 credit: Camp Waianae's myspace page

My dear friends and pastors of the middle school ministry (Jan & Dave) invited me to speak to the middle schoolers at their camp. I'm always humbled and honored when I get to share what God puts on my heart with young people. The theme of the camp was Rooted.

The main verse for the camp was Colossians 2:6-7 (So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness).

I was blessed and inspired by my dear friend Patsy, who recently shared Jeremiah 17:7-8 with me (But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit).

I won't re-hash my message here. The above scriptures are beautiful as they are! I will share this cutesy tree image that I found and love! I know I need to keep growing my roots as well!

My mission this summer (on a very personal level):
1. To be still (my life verse--psalm 46:10)
2. To have no worries (pray about everything; worry about nothing)
3. To grow in my knowledge and love (for Jesus)

Happy Memorial Day! Love to you! xoxo

credit: weheartit.com
To those who have served, who continue to serve, and who will serve our country in such a tangible way--Thank you--from the bottom of my heart. (I love you, Andy!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS