Tim knew that I was craving pho (ever since Chris and Amber brought take-out pho into our house a few months back). So to Pho 808 we went!
Have y'all had pho? It's a Vietnamese noodle soup--broth based, stocked with veggies & lean meats, low in fat, low in calories. Just my kind of bowl of ethnic goodness!
![]() |
| photo credit: http://tipdeck.com/how-to-make-pho |
Needless to say, Hawaii is brimming with delicious little hole-in-the-wall type Asian cuisine. Previously I posted about stumbling upon the one-on-a-kind yakiniku. It's still high on my list to try out shabu-shabu.
Okay--back to Tim's birthday. It was a week ago Wednesday. I did a quick bday post for my lovebug, but I wrote that B still wanted to post for her daddy. Here is what she had in mind...
Dear Daddy--
One year ago, I missed you terribly when you were away on your birthday. I sent you these pictures while you were in Utah for work.
You called my your dragon then--I was just two months old. I sounded kinda like a dragon. Don't worry daddy, I get it. Now... you call me B-Rex. Not cause I sound like a dinosaur, but because I walk like one. I know it's just outta love. Thanks for the nickname! Here's my pic for you from your birthday this year. Now I'm 14 months. Time flies---more for you than me, old man ;).
Thanks for blowing out the candles on the wooden birthday cake I made you. Anything for you, daddy!
p.s.--Daddy, mama says to tell you that she whooped your akole at Scrabble after I went to bed. Here's the proof (she says).
I love you! xoxo, Blakes (c/o Mama)


Oh my gosh!!!! I love you guys'!!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteha ha ... so very cute. Nice to find your lovely blog :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome Katie!
ReplyDelete