Friday, June 17, 2011

Reflections (of a 30 year old!!!)

Oh man... June 17th finally came. While I always look forward to my birthday (breakfast in bed!), I was mentally dragging my feet this year. Until today, I spent the last ten years in my 20's. Man, the 20's were good to me!

Today I'm 30. I don't feel 30--does one ever?

It's been a beautiful day so far. Little B was happy to go to daycare and Timmy and I were happy to hit the waves together (at last). I have a few stolen moments right now before my love and I hit up Target sans baby. :)

I have just a few thoughts on turning 30 (today!!!).  Wanna hear them?! Tell me if you can relate:

  • It feels like ripping off the band aid--the anticipation was worse that actually doing it.
  • I had my major crisis of age when I was a quarter of a century--so I'm done with that!
  • Mark Twain said it best: "Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
  • I'm so grateful for all the joy and love in my life (thank you, Jesus). An unknown author said this: "Do not regret growing older.  It is a privilege denied to many."
  • Anybody a fan of the poet, Robert Browning? He said: "Grow old with me! The best is yet to be." I feel this way! 
Thank you to all the dear ones in my life. I've been blessed to have journeyed through an incredible God-given first 30 years. Now I'm stoked to watch Blakely grow up, grow "older" ;) with Timmy, continue loving my family and friends, and know my Jesus more.

The best is yet to be.   



2 comments:

  1. Yea for 30's ! So far 30's have been some of the best years I have had! Thanks for the great quotes. Enjoy surfing with Tim on your birthday. Thinking about you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Happy birthday!! I have n o advice or anything since I'm not there yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS