Friday, August 5, 2011

The New Tuesdays

Aloha! Happy Friday. Wait. Let me rearrange that. Happy Aloha Friday, to you!

Last year I wrote a post about my beautifully, monotonous Tuesday mornings. I treasured them!

It was my one day I didn't go into the high school. I still did the bulk of my online grading for University of Phoenix and I took care of my little one, so the day was pretty packed. But, I loved it.

I took my dogs out in my bathrobe.
I didn't brush my teeth until after lunch.
I stretched a pot of coffee over several hours.
I took a break for Kathie Lee and Hoda.
And most enjoyably, I built block towers and dressed baby dolls.

However, what my dear besty, Yasi, took from that long-ago post was Coffee Tuesday! She called me every hour, on the hour, to make sure I was leisurely sipping coffee from my overstuffed chair. I wasn't. Of course. Which, she knew. But, I wished I were. Which she also knew. Actually, as I pounded my keyboard and raced my clock, I sometimes ignored her calls.

Don't tell her. :)

The blessing, of course, were her cheerful voicemails. It's Coffee Tuesday she'd sing!! What are you doing? Sipping coffee, watching the day go by? Call me back! Where are you? It's Coffee Tuesday!

Really, those were my favorite messages! What's the harm in imagining a whole day of drinking coffee? That'd be it. I could do that, you know. Yasi could too. Would you join us? It'd be quite the commitment to leisure. And a whole lotta coffee! We'll make a date.

Anyway, guess what? Fridays are my new Tuesdays. Not bad!

Today I have a grumpy 16 month old on my hands. She's still adorable, but poor thing isn't being too resilient to the 15 month check up vaccines that she got yesterday.

26 pounds and 33 inches puts her in the 90th and 95th percentile (still).

What's our best shot for a college scholarship? Volleyball? Basketball? And how soon is too soon to get started?  ;) just kidding... kind of.

Alright. I think I have some board books and a page turner waiting for me. I'd better go.

Have a lovely weekend! Just for fun, here's my fave pic of B and Uncle Ricky at the Santa Cruz Board Walk.




2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this has to be the cutest blog post ever! Mrs. English Teacher, your writing is amazing! AH HA! I'm still dying laughing. AWH! I love you!!!! I can't wait to come up with a new tune for you! :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...The 99 sign; that takes me back! Sounds like your birthday was a blast! Nice job Tim on the olympics; what a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS