Sunday, May 6, 2012

Bathing Suit vs. Anything Else


Oh my!

This lovely life I've been gifted has been lovelier than ever...and busier!

I want to blog some fun pictures to share and to save, but I can't yet. My bedroom computer is calling my name to come and grade work for my university students so that I have the time to move out of my high school classroom this week.

Yes. I'm officially taking a break from the high school. Oh how I'll miss my teenagers, but I can't wait to have a few more hours in my day to hold my babies at home. More on that later...

I did capture my determined and passionate two-year-old on my cell phone a few times this week mid-obsession.

She very desperately wants to wear one of her "baby suits" (aka: bathing suit) at all times.

Last week Tuesday, she played in the sprinklers with her Papa. I indulged her silliness by letting her stay in her suit most the day after that. Fortunately, we settled on a night gown that night and a dress the next day.


As Wednesday night bed time came near, she started whimpering for her "baby suit." I wanted to lay down the law about sleeping in PJs, but since my entire mini church was over at my place for bible study, I also wanted to effortlessly drop her in bed for the night sans a battle of will. Choosing my battles carefully, I again let her wear her "baby suit" to bed. Seriously.

The next morning, I was running late for work. B protested with passion when I tried to peel off her suit. What the heck? I thought! I don't really care what she wears to day care in this moment. So, off she went in her baby bikini. I packed her a dress in hopes that she'd be willing to change mid-day.

Most certainly not.


I got to her around 4pm on Thursday and she was happier than ever tugging at her bikini top and saying "cute, mommy...baby suit."

Whatevers. :)

That night Tim and I did choose the battle of bathing suit vs. pajamas. We won. Of course. But, it wasn't pretty.

It's been touch-and-go since then. Trying to decide which bathing suit battles to choose and which to  let go.




                 This morning when I got her out of bed for church, she was already up and had tried dressing herself in her bathing suit over her nightgown (which she'd tell you we forced her to wear).

She's determined.
And she has red hair.
And she's two. :)

She also makes us laugh and love this life all the more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS