Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day-- A little Late ;)

To have a mother. To be a mother. To have a mother-in-law.

Wow! I gotta count my blessings!

I know I'm a couple of days late, but per usual, it's been crazy around here (the end of the school year for a high school teacher--crazy is the minimum expected).

1. My Mama:

My heart has been broken. Several times. But just a few that had any significant impact. When my heart is broken--I want one person and one person only--my mama. And that still stands true today.



2. My baby:

Wow. I didn't know how much my own mama loved me until I had one of my own. I mean, I knew she loved me more than I could understand, but I just didn't know what that meant. Well, I do now... Check her out...


3. My Mother-in-Law (although, the "in-law" is too formal for me.... she's really just another mama to me).

How lucky am I to marry into a wonderful family of three boys? I have a talented and loving mother-in-law who welcomes me as her own. I also have a terrific sister-in-law, Luciena, and a another lovely sister-in-law-to-be, Felicity. Truly, I thank God for these gifts.  P.S. --Felicity is tying the knot with Tim's bro Patrick: watch for more blog updates to come. We are SO happy for them!

Blakely looks so much like her Grandma Maureen--it's such a fun blessing! We cherish it daily.


And to my two sisters-in-law, which really, I don't count the "in-law" part at all--they are my sisters--plain and simple.:

Happy First Mother's Day!! xoxo I hope you were blessed and cherished (as I'm sure you were). :)

I love you, Alicia and Luciena!


Did I mention that I'm a dog-mama too? Is that silly? Well, I sure am... Irie and Da Kine are very much a part of our family. They don't rival Blakely in terms of placement, but we love them dearly. 



Happy late Mother's Day. I have so many beautiful, amazing, sacrificial mothers in my life. I am grateful for each of you. I am a better mother because you are in my life. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS