Thursday, July 28, 2011

To the Dentist.. Again.. (& pics from Roseburg)

Seriously, does anyone else go to the dentist as often as I do? I don't know what the deal is? It's never too big of a thing, just these "tiny fillings" -- that apparently must be filled--right away. Then, of course, charged at astronomical rates to my insurance. In which case, it takes like five tries to have my claims submitted until I can pay the portion that I actually owe. Hmmmm... I just don't get it. Is it just me?

And--I mean nothing negative towards my dentist office of choice--I love my dentist.

Oh, and guess, what else? I feel huge at the dentist's office, here (in Hawaii). Truly, I live amongst adorable, petite people. There aren't as many haoles on my side of the island, and, well, we are a taller breed... especially Tim and I. While I'm always tall on the Mainland, I'm not so tall. Well, here, in my current home-town, I'm so tall. They are never ready for my kind of height (5'9) when I come in. Adjustments of the dentist chair always take a few minutes (and a few comments). Good thing I'm okay with physical appearance! ;).

Today--I go in. Here we go again. Tim is at work, so Blakes is gonna get strapped into the stroller and we will all hope that she's in a chill mood. I'm really not sure what I'll do if she has a freak-out moment while I have a drill in my mouth! Hmmm... I'll keep you posted.

I'll probably return home (in time for bible study at my house), VERY NUMB. I'm a freak for novocaine. I love to be numb. I'm paranoid about actually feeling my poor, little exposed nerves! So when they ask if I want another shot, I always say: yes please!

On a side note, I thought I'd share some pics of my dear, dear girl, Anna and her adorable munchkins. While I was home, B and I spent four terrific days with Anna, Paige, and Jace in Roseburg, Oregon! And I owe a very heartfelt thanks to Zoe--who rounded out the TCG and spent a lovely day with us!











Roseburg was lovely! I hope Paige and Blakes can be as close as the TCG. :)

p.s. -- about the dentist? It's not fair that Tim's check-ups are always so much better than mine! I brush, floss, use mouth-wash twice a day--I promise! Ah, gentics (and pregnancy...). Well, it's all worth it. Thank God for professional dentists and insurance. I guess I don't have room to complain.

Much love!

3 comments:

  1. Does that pregnancy comment mean you are now or you're pinning it on Blakley??? Hmmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you about the dentist. It was that way for me growing up, my brother had to wear braces but NEVER had a cavity. I always seem to have cavities but never had to wear braces. Now, because I had cavities so young, some of my fillings are old and I am having to go through the process of having them replaced. Oi...who would have thought that in some ways 30 would be so old, and yet so young at the same time.

    On a side note..my husband is from Roseburg. Is that Anna C. from THS?

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alyson and Sara--

    Yup! I'm for sure pinning it on my baby! hehe! :)

    Alyson--no, Anna is from OSU. That's neat that your hubby is from Roseburg. It's cool. I like it there! :) Your comment about teeth made me smile. I can relate!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS