Tuesday, September 21, 2010

RG--Part Three

Geez...I've slacked on my blog lately... :)

Last weekend I was in Maui with the girls and this past week we had four lovely college girls staying with us. More on all that fun girl action later...

I'm in between University of Phoenix courses so today, Tuesday, I'm enjoying an easy peasy day at home. I just finished reading up on how to prepare sweet potatoes and bananas for Blakely. We'll see what she thinks. I'll share more later!

So, back to the guest bathroom and our rag-tag project... well, it's not really rag-tag, it actually looks pretty darn good, but we are all about trial and error. We're not finished yet!



The time honored self taken photo ;). Our yellow backdrop is no more...



The counter, sink, yellow walls...it's all been so good to us...



The counter pretty much lifted off, sink and everything. This was the easy part.



So far so good...just placed the granite slab where the old counter used to be. Only modification was adding some already cut 2x4 pieces of wood for extra support (since the granite is much heavier).



Now it gets a bit trickier. Tim has to cut a hole for the sink and a hole for the faucet.

That's all I have for now. We did return our $230 faucet to Lowes and ordered a $40 look-a-like from Amazon.com (free shipping!). It came and looks great. The vessel sink and faucet are all hooked up. Tim is just adjusting the plumbing pieces. More pics later... :)


5 comments:

  1. you're such a tease Katie! I want to see the finished result :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey girl, I do care about your bathroom redo! So exciting--glad that it's going well so far! Way to go Tim! I think I need some Katie and Blakely time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, where's the after picture? What color did you paint the bathroom? I will always love and remember the surfing bathroom :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Tim is getting really crafty... I might have to get some lessons from him! :). Love, Dad
    PS- I think Blakely is trying to reach for her Papa!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS