Monday, January 24, 2011

The Wrap: Kickball, Pill Box, & Pork Chops

It's late in Hawaii. And if it's late in Hawaii, well, it's late everywhere else in this country too (even later). I hope you aren't reading this now! I hope you sleeping soundly. Monday is just a few short hours away--again. ;)

I played this weekend! Yay!

We did church on Friday, a surprise kickball party on Saturday, and The Pill Box hike in Kailua today. But, I sorta feel like whatever comes up, must come down. So, after all our escapades, I had to zip home today and start my online University of Phoenix work.

This made me realize--again--that I really dislike bringing work home. I love teaching for so many reasons, but I'm sometimes envious of a job where work is at work and home is at home. I feel blessed to do some of my work from home, but it's also stressful. I feel pulled a lot of different directions and I rarely feel "done." Ya know? :) I'm not good at finding a stopping place. Somethings gotta give though. Tonight it was dinner prep. I just couldn't wrap up my online work fast enough to make those dang mashed sweet potatoes. Tim, bless his heart, bbq-ed our yummy pork chops, but I couldn't pull through on my end. I hate that feeling.

Anyway, I did make the mashed sweet potatoes much later this evening. At least they are in the fridge for later. I just used Okinawan Sweet Potatoes from Costco, Simply Apple Juice from Target, and I Can't Believe it's not Butter, Butter. My KitchenAid did all the hard work. I guess I made up the apple juice part. I figured natural sugar is better than me scooping it in. And sweet potatoes are best when they're, well, sweet! It's a perfect family dish--Blakely, Tim, and I all dig the potatoes.

Well, here's to finding that balance between work, play, love, and Jesus! Cheers. Happy Week! ~Some pics below~


Rachel planned a clever and perfect surprise birthday for her hubby, Nick.

 Nick was surprised! Let the games begin!



My pep talk from Blakely!

Blakely's first hike. I can't believe we waited so long!


Ten months old! (Pill Box Hike in Kailua)








4 comments:

  1. Yeah, that hike is definitely easier with a baby on your back and in tennis shoes than with a baby on your front and in flip flops ;) So glad you're having fun and try to remember that even on your days when you're not trying very hard, you're still a MUCH harder worker than most! Try not to worry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog. I'm glad I found out about it over Xmas! You and yas inspired me to start writing about my internship. You should check out my blog sometime :). Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kate! I love these picts! I think it's sooo cute that you and Abs are holding each other's babies! And the photo of Baby B on that ledge thing scares the bajeezes out of me! And I LOVE the photo of you and that awesome hat with Baby Nummers! Such a beautiful photo of you! You're my hot, hot, hot mcbesty! The last one is really sweet, too!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily--I totally thought about you and Poppy and the whole time we were on that hike. Yes, so nuts! They replaced the rope that aids hikers on the way down. It felt a bit more stable this time! Sorry!!!

    Weebs--what's your URL????

    Yas--LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS