Thursday, December 29, 2011

Best Of...2011


The week between Christmas and New Years is a funny thing. It flies, right? Between baby Jesus and resolutions...there is so much to contemplate!

Blakely's grandparents are here (Tim's parents) and we are enjoying all that the island offers with wonderful company!


I'm stealing moments here and there to pray and contemplate the new year. Two more days and we usher in 2012...whether we're ready or not.


Since I love all fresh starts, I'm a sucker for resolutions. Yep, I make them. Every year. Sometimes the same resolutions carry over each year, well most of the time. But, hey, it's still a new beginning and I can't pass that up.

My list is still undecided, but I'll share soon. Instead, I want to embrace 2011 for a minute. Here is our family "best of" list for the year.

{you may have read this already}

Best Vacation: Chicago and NY (for Tim and Katie)—To the grandparents (for B)
Best 1st First Birthday: Blakey’s mainland luau
Best Milestone Birthday: Katie’s 30th (birthday Olympics)
Best Company: All of them! (we love our visitors—mahalo)
Best Movie: Soul Surfer
Best Accomplishment: Blakely learning to walk, talk, and surf (well, close to surf)
Best Unexpected Success: The papayas on Tim’s trees
Best First Try: bathroom renovations DIY
Best Musical Artist: Amy Grant (every year)
Best Amateur Surf Comp: 3rd annual Tandemonium (we’re getting better)
Best Actual Surf Comp: Billabong Pipeline Pro
Best Work Milestone: Tim’s five years with Chevron
Best Gratitude: Thanking God for B’s continual development in spite of her congenital hypothyroidism
Best News: Baby girl #2 coming in May
Best Reason to Celebrate: John 3:16 (Jesus Christ)

Do you have a list of "bests?" Although not every day is a great day, it does help to focus on the high points before the year closes out. 


 Enjoy your last couple days of the year, my friends!




3 comments:

  1. Congrats on #2!! I'm due in May also. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Great "best of"...sounds like 2012 was a great year. Congratulations on baby girl #2. I am very excited for you and look forward to following it on your blog! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Caitlin and Alyson! I enjoy reading both of your blogs too! Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS