Monday, July 2, 2012

The Poop Debacle


"I'm catching the next one in," Rachel shouts to me between rolling waves.

I follow suit. I was hoping for at least stronger waves. It was only so-so conditions for surf. But, still...I couldn't help but feel peaceful paddling through the white wash.

We pop out over the jagged reef and fortunately save both our feet and fins. Plodding through the sand, we make our way back towards the guys and beach "tailgate."

{Our buddy Nick took this on Sat night. He's creative and has the coolest bus. Check out his work here.}
Can't beat a Saturday evening at our local beach.

We near the crew and overhear one of the guys say, "wait for Katie...she has to hear, too."

Uh-oh.

I smile cautiously.

My two-year old is potty-training and my 6 week old has a "healthy" digestive system. I'm pretty sure I'm in for a good story.


Tim launches into it. Emphatic echoes are thrown in by the other guys (slightly appalled, but mostly amused by the "dirty" details).

"The wind was blowing so hard, Katie. Seriously, the shade tent was bending in half." Tim waves his arms to demonstrate.

One of his buddies chimes in, "yeah, and your daughter was cruising inside...it almost collapsed on her."

"But..." Tim smiles, "she was pooping a trail the whole way under the tent as it folded around her."

I listen with pride (no shame here!). After all, we only started potty  training the day before and I knew the poop was coming. She hadn't pooped in days...so I expected it in all its stinky abundance. I just didn't know when or how or where.

Another guy offers, "she made it though. And she loaded up the potty bowl (*we had set a potty training toilet under the shade tent) to the brim with more poop. It was crazy."

I beam! Yay Blakely, I think to myself. She knew to go to the potty. And she filled it up, too!

Tim jumps in again, "I didn't know what to do in the moment, so I quickly passed Colbie off to Michel" (visiting from NY -- poor guy probably wasn't banking on such a poopy beach trip).

"Yep...I held the baby," Michel informs. "And she really rumbled and loaded up the whole diaper right in the midst of the poop and tent disaster."

"Oh no!" Now I'm really laughing. This is too much!

"So what did you do?" I ask Timmy and the guys?

"It was like kitty litter in the sand, Katie." Tim shook his head.

He continued, "I scooped up the chunks with her beach toys to throw away and got some ocean water for the shore..."

I'm picturing all of this! ha! It would happen when I'm out surfing. Note to self, WASH Blakely's beach toys and sanitize that potty.

"But she did use the potty, right? Like I know she made a trail on her way, but she got there?"

The guys all nod and laugh.

"Way to go Blakely!" I scoop her up in a bear hug--naked buns and all.


Funny how such a messy, stinky "situation" can bring so much happiness! Although, easy for me to say since I wasn't there. :)

"I owe you guys!"

It's now Monday. Blakely hasn't pooped since the debacle on Saturday. I'm left waiting again. When will it strike?

I'm a novice at potty-training. I think I'm in training too!

Successful tips and tricks (and maybe more bloopers) coming soon.

I wish you all a clean, poop-less (unless on the pot) evening!

xoxo

{My girl Rachel captures the most amazing pics on her phone! Love this one. Colbie clearly felt better after filling up her diaper. See Rachel's professional photography here.}










1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the good laugh, Katie! I just read this outloud to Matt; it's even funnier as a read aloud. Thanks for the updates and laughter. One of these days, I will have to meet your little kiddos in person! Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS