Sunday, August 22, 2010

What I Know to Be True

Aloha Family and Friends,

I just finished creating and posting a weekly wrap-up for my online class. I always leave them with a quote. Today I found a neat quote from a Gatorade commercial I thought I'd share it on my blog as well. Happy Sunday everyone!

"It's not where you're from; it's where you're going. It's not what you drive; it's what drives you. It's not what's on you; it's what's in you. It's not what you think; it's what you know."




Here are a few things I don't have to "think" about; I just know them to be true:

This world is not my home

Time spent wasting is not time wasted--Go to the beach! (adapted from Emerson)

They won't remember what you said, they won't remember what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel. (Maya Angelou)

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
(Mark Twain)

Spend the afternoon; you can't take it with you! (Annie Dillard)

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count, but the life in your years. (Abraham Lincoln)

    1 comment:

    1. Love this :) here's my favorite: "I am afraid, not of life or death or nothingness...
      but of wasting it as if I had never been."
      --Walt Johnson

      Love all your thoughts Kate :) Wish you and your "wasting time on the beach" were closer to us!

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
    BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS