This year I'm teaching three digital media classes at the high school. I need some ideas from all of you techies out there! What cool things can I teach my students to do online? I'm looking for free programs that are hopefully not blocked by the DOE. Leave me a comment if you have an idea I can pursue!
Okay, so here is my challenge for the next couple of weeks. I have 25 students in a lab of 25 computers. Sounds ideal, and hopefully it will be, but for now the computers aren't up and running. This means I have 25 16 and 17 year olds sitting in front of very tempting consoles that they are instructed "not to touch." Yeah...right! ;)
I'm in need of some brilliant mini-lesson ideas that have to do with digital media, but don't require digital media!! Last week I did cyber bullying and netiquette. This coming week...well, I'm still brainstorming.
Watcha got?!
Katie, I conducted a tech workshop over the summer. You may find some stuff of value. Not included in my blog post is Google Docs, which I have recently gotten into. The thing I like the most right now on Google Docs is creating on online form like this one:
ReplyDeletehttps://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGk4YWVFQ0RGVXJvZHlJTURueFgzSXc6MQ
Here's my blog entry:
http://isawyouatcada.blogspot.com/2010/07/using-technology-for-asb.html
Finally, if you're looking for any more teacher tech inspiration, check out www.lincolnismyhomeboy.com. This is the launching point for all my web resources. I'm using Posterous to autopost to my blog, Twitter, and FB page. I send one e-mail, and it blasts it out everywhere.
Hope there was some help and ideas somewhere in there!!
Cheers,
Ron Ippolito from California (Heather's husband, Helen and Eric's son-in-law, Herb and Doris' grandson-in-law) :-)
THANK YOU to Ron! I'm going to check your ideas out. How kind of you to leave me this message.
ReplyDeleteThanks to Alyson and Emily too who responded on my FB page. I appreciate the tips! Gonna get to work on my plans this afternoon!