Thursday, February 2, 2012

Update for Those Across the Ocean


We made the switch.

Crib for toddler bed.


It didn't take much thought. I was only prompted because we got this fabulous hand-me-down toddler bed and had no place to put it! Garage space for storage is a hot commodity. Half my kitchen pantry is stacked up in my guest room/nursery-under-construction. :)  There are many fabulous things about living in Hawaii, but extra space? Not one of them!

What was just my baby girl's safe haven...


is now a little girl's hide-away.


I expected the warranted relief of reorganization, but I wasn't ready for the sweet sadness of a season's closing. And how seamlessly she's embracing this new role of little person. I don't know if that makes it harder or easier. ;)


I do love the mornings, though. She wakes up simultaneously happy and lazy. Her bed head is something else! First things first, she gets her "baby shot" (thyroid medicine). I suppose she thinks such room service is mandatory. :)


I share this for all of our loved ones so far from us! I hope you can come across the ocean soon. Blakely would like to show you where her baby dolls eat and sleep! She'll read you an Elmo potty story and beg you to watch Strawberry Shortcake.

We miss you! xoxo


1 comment:

  1. I so miss her and you both!!!! I can't wait to grab a cheap flight and come over. -Dad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS