Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Burgers, Eyebrows, and New Books


Tim and I just stumbled onto a new island discovery! I have no idea what took us so long to try out Teddy's Bigger Burgers, but you have to go!


They are all across Oahu and the islands. I assumed they were just another greasy burger dive (which, I realize has it's place for some ;)). But they are soooo not! It's more of a cross between In & Out and Five Guys (for you Mainland folk). Think fresh, local, and natural.

It's an order at the counter, dine-in place with a 50s surfer vibe. The staff was uber friendly and they made our whopping, natural burgers to order while we sat. It may be a few bucks more than a Big Mac, but still cheaper (and waaay better) than a burger at Chili's.

credit
Oh, and it made me happy to see they are breaking into the Pacific Northwest scene with Teddy's to open in WA & OR.

Okay, enough about my latest burger (can you tell what I've been craving?). If you try it out and don't love it as much as I did, you can blame my pregnancy senses! Here is Blakely's newest "trick" that kept Tim and I chuckling while we waited for our lunch.




She may be charming most of the time, but she also has some pretty trying moments. In fact, my Amazon order came today! Guess what books I got?

Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood (by Jim and Charles Fay)
Making Children Mind without Losing Yours (by Kevin Leman)
Dare to Discipline (by James Dobson)
The Toddler's Busy Book (by Trish Kuffner)

Can you tell what I need to read up on? Yup! She's two in exactly two months. Here we go... :)

{good thing no melt down could make me love her any less...I am stinkin' proud of my little one}



1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I want a good burger now! Hr eyebrow trick is hilarious and adorable! I'll have to see if Ella can do it. The best parenting book we have read is Shepherding a Child's Heart by Ted Tripp. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS