Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It Just Hit Me

Wow! It literally just hit me that I have a daughter. I have a daughter!! She's not going anywhere! People have been asking me if it's really "real" -- the whole mom thing. So far, I've said no. I mean, I've gushed about how much I love being a mom, but it being "real" -- that's another story. I can't even explain the moment I just had.

Blakely was stirring from a nap. I could hear her spurts of dragon-like grunts and squeals. I was working on my Axia Class. I decided she'd slept long enough and I'd relieve her from the Woombie and offer her her favorite dinner (yummm more breastmilk), but when I looked at her closely, she seemed content to drift back. I just watched her for several minutes. For the first time ever, I realized that she's not going anywhere. Well, I mean, she'll outgrow her crib before I know it and I'm pretty sure if she learns to move as quickly as she "talks" (if you can call grunts and shrieks talking) -- well, we'll be in trouble. But, alas, that's not what I mean ;).

Here's what hit me: Blakely is my daughter. I'm her mom. While we are both here on this earth, nothing can change that. Wow. I'm so honored. So happy. Thank you Jesus for letting me take care of one of your precious, beautiful girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS