Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Start her Right

My love affair with photographs started sometime before I can remember. As far as I'm concerned, I was born with the desire to stash pictures of everyone...everywhere. Just ask my parents who've had to move multiple large, heavy boxes labeled "Katie's Precious Photo Albums" from state-to-state, home-to-home. Thanks to Chevron, every single one of my photo albums (I have at least 30) made it on the ship to Hawaii. My piece-of-junk Walmart bookshelf is now home to most of my albums. I'm not talking about the new, streamlined digital photo albums, or the lighweight, cutesy albums. No, my albums are the hard-core, hefty ones from Costco. Yasi and I used to stock up on one kind and one kind only. It held the most pictures after all!!

Anyway, I say all that because I feel the strong need to start Blakely off with a sincere appreciation for photo albums. Here's a peek at my mini-project from this afternoon. Besides instilling a love for pictures, I want to help Blakely learn the names and faces of our loved ones on the West Coast. Aloha!



Just a sampling! Don't be surprised if she knows your name next time she sees you!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you are continuing the Katie tradition of photo albums :) You have all the best ones! I loved spending time looking through them while Lu was napping in your cool apartment ;) I will always remember that! Your love of photos blesses a lot of people :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie - Hope it is okay that I am checking your blog! Erin told me that it was up and running - I love all your thoughts and will be praying for you! Love you friend and am so blessed that we have reconnected this year in mommyhood!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS