Friday, April 22, 2011

Had to Share: Easter Egg Cupcake Pops

So, I realize these are "all the rage" right now. I sorta wish they weren't because I never like embracing something too uber trendy, but, alas, I did!

My mom made the most adorable round cupcake pops for Blakely's luau last month. I took the recipe from her verbally and tried my rendition for Easter.

Here's how I did it. They are so easy and fun!

1. Bake a cake, crumble the baked cake in a bowl, add half a can of frosting, mix it up into one crumbly glob!


2. Shape 1 inch balls into well, whatever! Mine are egg shaped! Then pop in the fridge for several hours (probably overnight works best).

3. Pull out chilled shapes and pop sucker sticks into them, prepare a box or find Styrofoam as a holding cell, melt chocolate in a glass.


 4. Quickly dip cold shapes into chocolate and decorate, then place in box to harden. If you live in Hawaii and your inside house temp is anything like mine, try placing immediately in the fridge to encourage the hardening of the shells.

5. Package, share, and enjoy!





Tips:
  • Try to find Styrofoam for best results. If you cannot, try using a sturdy cardboard box. The Wheat Thins box that I used on my first try was too flimsy.
  • Make your shapes large enough so that they won't fall apart when you dip them.
  • Use Wilton's chocolate or a similar brand made for hardening quickly (candy making).
  • Check Walmart's wedding supplies aisle or a craft store for the chocolate, sucker sticks, and clear bags for wrapping.
  • Use a tall glass for melting chocolate (rather than a bowl).
Happy Good Friday! I'm glad we know that this day in History was indeed good! We have much to celebrate!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS