Victoria Jeanne Blake is 21 (as of yesterday--and that's no joke! ha!). I still clearly remember the day she was born. It was a Sunday and my two younger brothers and I were hanging around church with my grandparents. Waiting for the call. I had told my mom that she'd better have a girl...or else... I think I threatened to not speak to her or something. Like that'd actually happen.
Anyway, the call came. I think on a pay phone? I remember learning it was a girl. A baby sister for me! I was nine. She was itty bitty. I was thrilled.
I feel like my dad may have come home from the hospital to get us kids! We figured since it was April Fool's Day we oughta prank our mom. Thinking back, I'm not sure why anyone would want to prank a beautiful woman who had just given birth. But what did we know about the cycle of life?! We wrapped up empty boxes and brought our mama beautiful gifts (of nothing!). Really, that's not funny at all. What were we thinking? Of course, she was gracious and laughed at our joke.
From then on, April Fool's Day has never been the same! It's easily one of my favorite days. I love pulling pranks and I love my sister even more!
BTW--I heard that my mom pulled a pretty funny joke on my sister last night! Ha! If you know Tori, you should ask her!
Dear Sister,
I hope you had a fabulous birthday yesterday! We miss you terribly! Let's Skype! Tonight! And for now... some photographs. You are beautiful. And you've always been by my side. Mahalo.







You and your sister are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteOH my gosh! I never knew about that prank!!! Oh!!! Your Mom! These are such cute picts of you and little Tori! I love them!!! xoxo
ReplyDelete