All I had was Mele Kalikimaka {Merry Christmas}. But, I can say it in Spanish! Which is appropriate because I first learned Feliz Cumpleanos when my mamasita took me as a young child to Mexico on my first mission trip. This became a tradition that ensued for several Springs. Growing up, my heart was often in Mexico. As it was also with my dear mother.
Several years and various cultures later, I can still say that I am undoubtedly the person I am today because God gave me the most perfect-fit of a mom.
I suppose it'd be cliche to say that I appreciate her all the more now that I'm a mom myself. But, it's true! And that's saying quite a bit, because already, words couldn't express what my mom has meant to me.
So, be as it may, last Wednesday was my mother's birthday. I hear my dad, sister-in-law, and darling nephew had a lovely evening celebrating my mom (with several surprise guests and surprise roses). Also--thanks to all those who work with her for showering your love at Lackamas Elementary last week. It kills me to be so far away, but I take heart in knowing that others surround her!
Dear Mom,
I just wanted to share a few pictures and a few reasons why I think you are da best. I love you!
Mom, thanks for helping me have the sweetest of all weddings. You always go way above and beyond for us--your children.
You are always up to try something new...at least once! I remember your first trip to visit us on Oahu! We hiked, surfed, tried new foods... I love any and all time with you!
You are the keeper of your family!
You love dad well and treat him with respect! You are a fabulous example.
You welcome people into our family with unconditional love. You love your "new" kids deeply... <3
You are a devoted, loving, prayerful Grammy to Blakely and Sawyer!
You treasure your own mama! p.s. -- Happy birthday to my grandma who celebrated on March 1st.
I love you, Mom! Happy Birthday! See you SOON!


Happy birthday Cindy! Your mom has been a wonderful friend to so many of us as well :) I definitely will think of Cindy Blake when my own girls get old enough to start having friends over at all hours of the day and night.
ReplyDeleteHi Katie,
ReplyDeleteSo good to know that we both feel similar about our Moms and appreciate them so much. Words can not described it all!
Katie, well said! I have a treasured photo of you in pigtails and overalls running around a circle of Mexican children playing "Pato Pato Ganzo," and that memory has inspired me to take my own (young) family on mission trips these past couple years...you are truly blessed to have Cindy as your mama...as are all of us fortunate enough to call her "friend"...and one day I hope to meet little Blakely and see YOU as a mama; I'm sure you're fabulous too!! Hugs, Christina
ReplyDelete