Saturday, March 5, 2011

Outta Power

Good Morning from Starbucks,

What a treat to spend a brief morning working away on free wifi at Starbucks. Thank goodness for free wifi and the town up the way that has power restored!

I'm pretty sure it was mini hurricane that blew through two nights ago. I haven't heard anyone else call it a hurricane and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a name ;), but from my West Coast perspective, it felt very much like some kind of a hurricane's baby. It was nuts!!

We are going on day two without power. It's okay though! Candles, board games, and plenty of Starbucks is sort of a dream way to spend time. No complaints here. Not yet anyway.

But, guess what? Our local power company went on strike--yesterday. Talk about timing! Well, what can we do? I'm just praising God that people are safe and unharmed on Oahu and namely, Ewa Beach (since we seem to be the only ones sans electricity). 

Happy Weekend, my friends! 



Still gotta teach that online class... 

I don't know who is enjoying this nap more! 

I tied her to a chair in Starbucks with her blanket. That's cool, right? :)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to leave this in a comment! Just wanted to say that we are looking for more mommy blogs on FaithBlogs.net and Aisle to Aloha sent me your way! Email us? contactfaithblogs@gmail.com! Hope your power is back soon! And tying your kid to a chair with a blanket at Starbucks... why didn't I think of that!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for getting your power back on this morning! Love that sweet napping Baby B!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS