Monday, March 7, 2011

Puri Tea

Aloha!

Guess what? Our power came back on yesterday. Electricity feels good. Although, I am secretly sad that we didn't have a chance to break out our camp stove or pick up a kerosene lantern. Those two things were next on the list if we remained in the dark. Anyway...I'm sure grateful for those working around the clock to restore power!

I just wanted to share some lovely images from our recent Puri Tea. My most beautiful friend Jan just started a new ministry for our church and community. It's called Girls of Hope. I am honored to be a part of these events--which are geared towards middle school and high school girls!

Our first event (planned to the detail by Jan) was a Puri Tea. Sweet, right? Here is the flyer that Jan made:

 The girls dined like ladies and were treated like princesses. What young girl wouldn't love that? Or any girl?! After tea, a message, and a live song performance, the girls made their commitments to walk in purity. The night was complete with pink shirts, signed certificates, and purity rings. It was a touching evening.




 All photos are courtesy of the talented, Alyssa Amasol. To see more pictures and learn more about Girls of Hope, I invite you to check out Jan's blog. Our next event is a cooking class with Aunty Sandy. If you are a young girl on Oahu, come check it out! xoxo

Be blessed, my friends!

Oh, and just for fun...here are the lyrics to the Jaci Velasquez song, I Promise, that Angie sang for the girls at Puri Tea. Enjoy!

Lord, You know my heart
And all my desires

And the secret things I'll never tell
Lord, You know them well


Though I may be young
I see and understand
That at times like sheep we go astray
And things get out of hand

Chorus:

So I promise to be true to You
To live my life in purity
As unto You
Waiting for the day
When I hear You say
Here is the one I have created
Just for you


Until then, O Lord
I will be content
Knowing that true love
Will come someday
It will only come from You


Cause I have seen the suffering
That loneliness can cause
When we choose to give our love away
Without a righteous cause


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS